There is nothing better than starting your day with a good breakfast. Sometimes it could be difficult to dedicate much time to it because you are on a rush. Luckily you can prepare a quick, easy and delicious meal like these banan zucchini oatmeal muffin.
These are rich in fiber and the carbs you need to have a day full of energy! If you need more protein intake, you can add a scoop of protein powder to the mix. Also, if you are craving something sweeter you can add some sugar free maple syrup on the top.
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water (or you can use 1 egg)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Stevia or any no calorie sweetener you prefer
- 3 small over-ripe bananas (about 1 cup, mashed)
- 2 small zucchinis (2 cups grated, don’t squeeze water out)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Get your silicone muffin liners ready, and preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Put the flaxseeds with the egg or water, mix and set aside.
3. Mash bananas in a bowl and add the zucchinis, almond milk, almond butter, vanilla extract and the flaxseeds. Mix it well.
4. Add oats, baking powder and cinnamon (+protein powder if you want).
5. Pour the batter in muffin cups and bake from 23-28 minutes.
After taking them out of the oven, let them cool and enjoy!
We also recommend this oatmeal cookies recipe