Us Women know the struggle of craving a big and fat cookie, but these fit oatmeal cookies really hit the spot!
You can enjoy your time cooking for yourself, pleasing and loving your body, knowing that it is perfectly normal to have cravings and having these type of healthy recipes is the key to a balanced life style.
- 1 1/4 cupsquick oats
- ½ a cup of whole wheat flour
- ½ a cup of protein powder
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter — melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- Optional: raisins or well chopped raw walnuts or pecans
- Grab a big bowl and mix together the oats, flour, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a different bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla and honey (instead you want you can add a no calorie sweetener of your choice).
- Pour the first mixture into the second bowl and stir until it combines evenly. The dough has to be sticky but have a good consistency to be able to grab it and make the cookies. Add the optional ingredients and place the mixture in the refrigerator and leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a silicone baking sheet put the scoops of the cookie dough, leaving space between them. With a spoon, flatten the scoops to make them look like cookies and bake from 10-15 minutes.
This is a perfect way to enjoy an evening for yourself, watching your favorite show or movie!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do. If you want more healthy recipes you can check out our Homemade Peanut Butter Roll Ups Recipe